Everyday life is the special occasion!

March 02, 2015

Kitten Heels


Let's start this first Monday of March with a flashback to my teenage years where these type of  heels would make my day like no other trend! Kitten Heels [kitten was actually 1950s slang for a young and inexperienced girl] were actually my "trainer heel" to wearing higher heels later on and it seems like sort of a comeback of this trend is going on. These modern-day version of kitten heels [leather pairs in neutral tones, earthy tones, light pink hues or shades like grey/black for a more minimalist style or bolder colours for a statement one] can make for a chic, polished, cool look besides being comfortable and glam. Though sometimes I get mixed feelings about them [I wore these during the late 80's, not such a cool decade for fashion, right?!], I often tend to love the kind of  sexy French-actress' allure they convey and the timeless chicness they exude if wrn with the right ensemble[which was not the case back then]. What about you? Do you feel this trend to be too retro or a la mode?

8 comments:

  1. so cute ; >

    xoxo

    new post

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kitten heels!!! Não os usei nos 80's - metaleira gótica dark não usa kitten heel, né??? - mas nos 90 abusei deles, e pelos 2000 adentro, até já tenho uns debaixo de olho para a próxima estação, adoro, são supre chic e prácticos para quem como eu tem de andar de um lado para o outro no leva filho á escola, vai buscar filho á escola, dá para se estar chic e aprumada com um simulacro de saltinho sem se estar á rasca na calçada portuguesa de salto alto a correr atrás de um puto!!
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola mi Aida! Oh, this trend is just perfect to me, since I dont wear high heels that much, this kind of heels are great! Wish I had the leopard print pair, is way too cool and stylish! Amazing feature and inspiration! Have a lovely weekend ahead my dear, hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them so much and I can't wait to see them more in shops

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i am in love with all the shoes in the pictures...so pretty
    Have a lovely week ahead
    Stay in touch
    xoxo

    P.s New post in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitten Heels are always a good option!!!
    Xoxo, Great Post!

    www.claudiaclaki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer kitten heels to high heels - daintier and sexier and women walk in them better. Who says the '80s weren't a good fashion decade??? Definitely better than the '70s, and it was entirely appropriate to shop for accessories at Toys R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Aída !! Me gustan esos zapatos llenos de tachuelas !!

    ReplyDelete